Big Cay Desk
Need some incentive to start on that pile of paperwork? Look no further than our Big Cay Desk. With plenty of surface space on which to spread out, ample storage and great looks, you'll be anxious to get started. Did we mention that we finish the back so you can float the Big Cay anywhere in the room?! Bottom drawers equipped with hanging hardware for files. Not that his desk is also available in a smaller size we refer to as our Little Cay Desk if floor space is at a premium.
Dimensions & Style
- Overall: 64"W x 24"D x 30"H
- Our colorful desk will bring your home office to life.
- File drawer is standard with pre-installed file-hanging hardware.
- Painted student desk finished on all four sides and can "float" in a room as opposed to being pushed against a wall.
- Looking for a smaller version? We also offer a Little Cay Desk.
- Furniture designs and building methods are both based on classic Shaker furniture styles and techniques.
- Each piece of painted furniture is bench built to order by an experienced woodworker in America.
- Furniture frames constructed of solid maple and poplar using corner blocks and center supports for extra strength.
- Traditional cottage furniture building techniques ensure that furniture stays true for generations.
- The desk finished on all four sides.
- Drawers fully dovetailed front and back with stainless steel, full-extension, smooth glide, under mount runners.
- All drawers feature soft close slides allowing for whisper-quiet closure.
- Side panels are strong 7-ply maple veneer, chosen because of its durability and sustainability.
- Solid Shaker style aprons provide structural support.
- After a thorough quality inspection, Maine Cottage painted furniture receives a leather branded logo of approval and authenticity.
- Maine Cottage signature paint finishes deliver superior durability, extraordinary depth, and vibrancy of color.
- We use the highest quality primer, lacquer, and clear top coats available while still being friendly to the environment. Paints are all California compliant and low VOC as compared to other industry pre-catalyzed lacquers.
- Labor intensive hand sanding with fine grit aluminum oxide paper between sprayed coats of paint creates an incredibly smooth surface.
- Over time, the Maine Cottage paint finish ages gracefully, developing a patina of surface scratches that adds to the charm of our furniture's cottage style.
- We recognize that accidents can happen from time to time, and for that reason, each piece of colorful furniture is shipped with a small container of signature touch-up paint and a paint brush.