Join the dynamic, growing team at Maine Cottage®
We are the original home to spirited, colorful furniture, perfect for coastal living. Maine Cottage® designs and sells colorful fabric, casegoods, upholstered furniture and wicker through an interactive e-commerce site and a print catalog. Current openings listed below.
Interior Design Associate
Maine Cottage has openings for Interior Design Associates in our Annapolis, MD office and Poulsbo, WA office. We are seeking the best talent in the area to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers. A team player and a ‘people person’ who enjoys interior design and working with color. The ideal candidate is someone who comes to work every day with a positive attitude, ready to face the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a natural leader to play an important role with a small team of an emerging brand. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Our Ideal Candidate
- • Wants to delight customers above and beyond the call of duty.
- • Is highly detail oriented with a keen editor’s eye.
- • Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
- • Has an outgoing nature with an acute ability to confidently converse with strangers.
- • Build long-term relationships with a brand loyal customer base.
- • Is resourceful and quick thinking, can approach issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- • Self-starter who thrives in an independent role without the need for much direction.
- • Constantly strives to “over-deliver”.
- • Highly motivated by sales objectives.
Overview of Responsibilities
- • Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring 'on-brand' client experience.
- • Maintain solid product and brand knowledge in three core furniture lines and multiple accessory lines.
- • Answer customer phone calls and emails regarding product questions, new orders, website assistance, etc.
- • Provide design advice and product recommendations over the phone, through email, or in-person.
- • Lead multiple, large-scale design projects, by appointment.
- • Perform client consultations for whole room/home projects and provide full space-plan and color schemes.
- • Monitor client orders through communication with Maine Cottage Customer Service and Shipping Departments.
- • Communicate regularly with clients for a 6-10 week lead time from order to delivery.
- • Support Case Manager by handling initial customer coordination concerning order issues or product returns.
- • Support Trade Program by sending and reviewing applications for new accounts, and assisting with the ordering process.
- • Assist Maine Cottage team members with special projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- • 3-5 years experience in a design firm, high-end furniture store, or luxury retail environment.
- • High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- • Exceptional customer service skills.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- • Hands-on interior installation experience with professional portfolio required.
- • Space planning in either AutoCAD, Google SketchUp, or other related planning/rendering program preferred.
- • Must be proficient with Mac Operating System, Microsoft Office, and Google Applications.
- • Experience with NetSuite or any other CRM system is highly valued.
- • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Please note: This position will be temporary with excellent prospects for long-term employment.
If you feel you are a perfect fit for this role, please email Sarah Wright at email@example.com. Please include your resume and digital portfolio, if applicable, along with a cover letter and salary requirements.