Join the dynamic, growing team at Maine Cottage®
We are the original home to spirited, colorful furniture, perfect for coastal living. Maine Cottage® designs and sells colorful fabric, casegoods, upholstered furniture and wicker through an interactive e-commerce site and a print catalog. Current openings listed below.
Design & Sales Associate
Maine Cottage has an opening for a Design & Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD. We are seeking the best talent in the area to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers, a team player and a ‘people person’ who enjoys interior design and working with color. The ideal candidate is someone who comes to work every day with a positive attitude, ready to face the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a natural leader to play an important role with a small team of an emerging brand. This is a full-time, hourly paid position.
Our Ideal Candidate
- • Wants to delight customers above and beyond the call of duty
- • Is highly detail oriented with a keen editor’s eye
- • Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a dynamic environment
- • Has an outgoing nature with an acute ability to confidently converse with strangers
- • Build long-term relationships with a brand loyal customer base
- • Is resourceful and quick thinking, can approach issues in the best interest of both customer and company
- • Constantly strives to “over-deliver”
- • Highly motivated by sales objectives
Overview of Responsibilities
- • Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring on-brand client experience
- • Maintain solid product and brand knowledge in three core furniture lines and multiple accessory lines
- • Answer customer phone calls and emails regarding product questions, new orders, website assistance, etc.
- • Provide design advice and product recommendations
- • Assist Design Services with whole home projects, as needed
- • Contribute to monthly/yearly sales goals by providing estimates, adding on and closing orders
- • Support Case Manager by handling initial customer coordination concerning order issues or product returns
- • Monitor client orders through communication with Maine Cottage customer service department
- • Communicate regularly with clients for a 6-10 week time lead time from order to delivery
- • Support Trade Program by sending and reviewing applications for new accounts
- • Support in-house Sample Fulfillment when needed
- • Assist in-house Design Services by pulling samples and preparing materials for design appointments
- • Assist Maine Cottage team members with special projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- • Experience in the furniture industry, interior design field, or consumer retail environment favored.
- • High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- • Exceptional customer service skills required
- • Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills required
- • Space planning (either AutoCad or Google SketchUp) preferred but not required
- • Must be proficient in the use of both Mac and PC programs
- • Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- • Experience with NetSuite is highly valued
- • Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email Sarah Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, digital portfolio (if applicable) along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one for this role. You can also mail this information to:
Attention: Human Resources
451 Defense Highway #3B
Annapolis, MD 21401