From time to time we feel the need to make some changes in our homes. Maybe we need a place for the occasional guest, or want to maximize the space available in an extra room. In any case, we have a solution. The Island Bed is our take on a classic. This quintessential cottage beadboard bed has perfectly round traditional ball finials on the four-bed posts and charming beadboard detail in both the headboard and footboard.
Dimensions & Style
- Furniture designs and building methods are both based on classic Shaker furniture styles and techniques.
- Each piece of painted furniture is bench built to order by an experienced woodworker in America.
- Furniture frames are constructed of solid maple and poplar, woods chosen for their durability and sustainability, with corner blocks and center supports that add extra strength.
- Bedding is supported by six wooden slats that rest on ledges inside of the side rails.
- Side rails attach to the footboard and headboard with strong steel brackets that are easy to assemble.
- Trundle bed and bed bins roll under any of our beds using hidden casters.
- Traditional cottage furniture building techniques ensure that furniture stays true for generations.
- After a thorough quality inspection, Maine Cottage painted furniture receives a leather branded logo of approval and authenticity.
- Maine Cottage signature paint finishes deliver superior durability, extraordinary depth, and vibrancy of color.
- We use the highest quality primer, lacquer, and clear top coats available while still being friendly to the environment. Paints are all California compliant and low VOC as compared to other industry pre-catalyzed lacquers.
- Labor intensive hand sanding with fine grit aluminum oxide paper between sprayed coats of paint creates an incredibly smooth surface.
- Over time, the Maine Cottage paint finish ages gracefully, developing a patina of surface scratches that adds to the charm of our furniture's cottage style.
- We recognize that accidents can happen from time to time, and for that reason, a small container of our current signature touch-up paints are available upon request at no additional charge.