Annapolis artist, Kim Hovell, is perhaps best known for her Oyster paintings. She is endlessly inspired by the many contrasting facets of the oyster. A rough strewn outer shell giving way to a smooth, iridescent inner. Oysters are local product found all over the globe. Like a fine wine, the taste of an oyster is intrinsically tied to the waters it breathed. This collection showcases the unique and beautiful shell of the oyster through paint layering and mixed media thereby capturing the wide spectrum of colors and textures. Each painting uses a range of pearly whites, deep blues, greens, browns, purples, beiges, grays and browns. This limited edition giclee is accompanied with an artist signed certificate of authenticity. Printed on archival paper and framed behind a double mat.
- Overall Dimensions: 22.5"W x 27"D x 1.25"H
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- 22.5"W x 27"H x 1.25"D
- Art is protected by 3/32" thick, clear acrylic cover, which is inherently 80% UV resistant and shatter resistant.
- Fluid acrylic brush strokes blend dozens of colors.
- Versatile color palette coordinates with most decor.
- Archival quality gicl_e is accompanied by a signed certificate of authenticity.
- Limited edition of 250.
- Use a soft cloth moistened with water, gently wiping and turning the cloth often.
- Avoid rubbing as dirt on the surface can cause scratching.
- Avoid any cleaning products, especially with ammonia such as glass/window cleaners as it will erode the surface of the acrylic and leave it looking cloudy.
- Acrylic Cleaners are available as well.
- Artwork is printed on hand-molded paper.
- Art is framed behind a double white mat and lightweight cover.
- Wood frame is availble painted white or black.
- Frame is sealed on the back with black paper to protect the artwork and your walls.
- Delivered wired and ready to hang.
- We recommend, but do not supply, metal drywall anchors.