Annapolis artist, Kim Hovell, is perhaps best known for her Oyster paintings. She is endlessly inspired by the many contrasting facets of the oyster. A rough strewn outer shell giving way to a smooth, iridescent inner. Oysters are local product found all over the globe. Like a fine wine, the taste of an oyster is intrinsically tied to the waters it breathed. This collection showcases the unique and beautiful shell of the oyster through paint layering and mixed media thereby capturing the wide spectrum of colors and textures. Each painting uses a range of pearly whites, deep blues, greens, browns, purples, beiges, grays and browns. This limited edition giclee is accompanied with an artist signed certificate of authenticity. Printed on archival paper and framed behind a double mat.
Fluid acrylic brush strokes blend dozens of colors. Versatile color palette coordinates with most decor. Archival quality gicl_e is accompanied by a signed certificate of authenticity. Limited edition of 250.
READ MORE about the artist, Kim Hovell.
PRINT DIMENSIONS: 20 x 30
• Double Mat + White or Black Frame: 27.5 x 38
• Floating Canvas + White Frame: 21.25 x 31.25
• Floating Canvas + barn wood Frame: 21.75 x 31.75
• Accompanied by a signed certificate of authenticity.
• Sealed on the back with paper to protect the artwork and your walls.
• Delivered wired and ready to hang.
• We recommend, but do not supply, metal drywall anchors.
DOUBLE MAT + WHITE OR BLACK FRAME OPTION
• Printed on hand-molded paper, behind a double white mat and lightweight glazing.
• Protected by 3/32” thick, clear acrylic glazing, which is inherently 80% UV resistant and shatter-resistant.
• Wood frame is available painted white or black.
FLOATING CANVAS + WHITE OR barn wood FRAME OPTION
• Archival Canvas made from an acid-free poly-cotton which creates an authentic look of paint on canvas.
• Canvas giclees are wrapped around solid wood stretcher bars and then framed in our Canvas Floaters.
• The floating space beautifully suspends the canvas showcasing the artwork.
• Natural wood frame is smooth to touch and painted white.
• barn wood frame is all-natural, unfinished reclaimed barn wood; each frame is one-of-a-kind.